Travel: Police warning over fog lights
DRIVERS are being urged to use their lights during foggy periods.
Suffolk Police issued the warning after officers spotted ‘numerous’ motorists driving without them on this morning.
Heavy fog hit parts of Suffolk and north Essex yesterday evening and this morning.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: “Motorists across the county are being urged to light up during these foggy times.
“Police patrols have come across numerous drivers who have either failed to use their lights or who are travelling with just side lights on.
You may also want to watch:
“Road policing officers are concerned that such behaviour, whether intentional or accidental, will increase their chances of being involved in a crash. They are urging people not to rely on automatic settings, which can be found on some newer models.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021