Travel: Roads clear but disruption on trains between Manningtree and Harwich
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Motorists travelling around Suffolk and north Essex can expect a hassle-free journey.
Both Suffolk and Essex police have reported no major incidents on the region’s roads today.
Trains run by operator Greater Anglia are also running mostly on time.
But there was an earlier signalling problem on the line between Manningtree and Harwich.
Trains had to run at reduced speeds while the signal was fixed.
Services between the stations are returning to normal but some trains may still be cancelled or delayed by up to 15minutes.
Disruption is expected until noon.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 10 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
Sunshine and scattered showers are expected today with some being heavy and thundery.
Temperatures could reach a maximum of 24C (75F).
Tonight it will be clear and dry with temperatures down to 13C (55F).