Travel: Signalling fault delays services to and from Ipswich
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
A signalling fault is delaying train services to and from Ipswich.
There are delays to services between Ipswich and Lowestoft via Saxmundham due to a fault with the signalling system between Woodbridge and Melton, with trains having to run at reduced speed on all lines.
Train services between Ipswich and Lowestoft via Saxmundham and Beccles may be delayed by up to 10 mins at short notice.
An Abellio Greater Anglia spokesman said that an estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.
The 14:17 Ipswich to Lowestoft is the first train affected by this problem.
Network Rail engineers are currently working on the issue.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 9 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 10 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons