Travel: Train cancellations and delays between Ipswich and Felixstowe and congestion in Ipswich
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Two trains between Ipswich and Felixstowe have been cancelled.
The 08:57 Ipswich to Felixstowe train, due at 09:23, is cancelled because of a train fault.
The 09:28 Felixstowe to Ipswich train, due at 09:54, has also been cancelled for the same reason.
Greater Anglia have said: “Owing to a train fault between Ipswich and Felixstowe train services to and from these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes at short notice. An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.”
There are also delays on trains between Norwich and London Liverpool Street.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile there is congestion in and around Ipswich.
Traffic is queueing on the A12 northbound in Ipswich between J32b, Belstead and the Copdock Interchange.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
There is slow traffic on the A137 Grey Friars Road into town in Ipswich from Stoke Bridge to the B1075 Princes Street junction, and on the A1156 Crown Street in both directions in Ipswich between the A1022 Civic Drive junction and Major’s Corner.
The traffic is also building up on the B1067 Bramford Road into Ipswich from the Sproughton Road junction to the A1214 Chevallier Street junction.
Finally, the A1214 London Road in Ipswich is busy but moving into town between the A1071 junction and the A137 junction.