Travel: Train services through Marks Tey and around Lowestoft disrupted
Bad weather means services between Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester and London Liverpool Street, and the Lowestoft to Norwich route, are facing delays and cancellations this morning.
Rail operator Abellio Greater Anglia is reporting poor conditions on tracks along routes from the north of the region as far south as Marks Tey, Essex.
As a result many services are being delayed, with one cancellation being reported so far.
Some trains may also start or finish at different points along their intended route.
This disruption is expected to last until 9.30am.
Flooding at Haddiscoe, Norfolk, has halted all services between Lowestoft and Norwich, with some trains now starting from Great Yarmouth.
This has the potential for a knock-on effect on other services elsewhere in Suffolk which rely on those train units.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 5 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 6 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 7 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their Colchester loss
- 8 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 9 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
- 10 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
The disruption here is expected to last until around 1pm.