Travel: Trains delayed but few traffic hold-ups
DRIVERS are facing few hold-ups on the region’s roads today, but rail passengers are dealing with a number of delays.
An earlier broken-down vehicle on the southbound A12 at junction 25 for the A120, the Marks Tey interchange, has caused some ongoing problems for motorists coming off on the exit slip road due to an earlier lane closure.
Meanwhile the work to correct subsidence on Ipswich’s Foxhall Road continues, meaning the road is closed off in both directions between the junctions for Henslow Road and Orwell Road.
Local diversions are in place, and bus route 67 will now travel along Derby Road and Felixstowe Road.
Traffic is also heavy on the northbound A12 past the Copdock interchange, junction 33.
You may also want to watch:
Several trains travelling through Essex have been affected by an earlier train fault, which has cancelled the 7.45am Clacton to Colchester service, and caused 10-minute delays on trains between Liverpool Street and Clacton.
Engineers are also carrying out safety checks in the Westerfield area today, meaning disruption to all routes travelling through Westerfield station.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
Delays of up to 15 minutes can be expected.
- If you spot a crash or delay, tell the newsdesk by calling 01473 324788.