Travel: Travel chaos on roads and rail this morning
MOTORISTS are facing delays this morning after a car transporter broke down on the A14, blocking one lane.
The incident happened on the westbound carriageway between junction 54 and junction 55, the Whitehouse Interchange.
Motorists in Essex are also being advised that the A1245 Rayleigh Spur and the A127 Rayleigh Weir are closed due to last night’s flooding.
Drivers are asked to take care on minor roads throughout the county as well due to the heavy rainfall last night.
Meanwhile, train services between London Liverpool Street and Southend Victoria are being either cancelled or delayed after a lorry hit a bridge in Rayleigh this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia are currently working with operator C2C and people with tickets for Greater Anglia trains will be accepted on reasonable routes but delays are still expected due to signalling problems at Pitsea and flooding at West Hordon.
? If you spot something, call the newsdesk on 01473 324788.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree