Travel update: Accident on A14 near Bury St Edmunds
RUSH-hour commuters on the A14 endured delays this afternoon after a collision near Bury St Edmunds.
A lorry collided with a car around 4.30pm on the westbound carriageway between junctions 44 and 45.
Fire crews helped to free the occupants from the car.
A woman, complaining of chest and stomach injuries, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital. Police said her injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
Commuters faced delays as the nearside carriageway was closed off for the scene to be cleared.
You may also want to watch:
There were also delays in Bell Lane, Kesgrave, which became partially-blocked after a car overturned around 5pm.
The only other incident in Suffolk is on the B1119 Saxmundham Road in Framlingham, which is closed between Badingham Road and Sandy Lane, because of an earlier overturned lorry.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
National Express East Anglia are not reporting any major problems on the region’s railways.
Meanwhile today’s clear skies are unlikely to be replicated tomorrow with cloud and wind expected. Temperatures will peak at 10 degrees.
For more weather details, or a specific forecast, speak to a Weatherquest forecaster on 09065 777675. Calls cost �1.50 per minute.