Travel update: Cancellations and delays on rail network expected to continue until midnight
- Credit: citizenside.com
RAIL passengers are facing disruption on the Ipswich to Felixstowe line today.
Signalling problems at Derby Road have left all lines blocked meaning services between Ipswich and the seaside resort are suspended. A statement on Greater Anglia’s website said: “Network Rail engineers are working as fast as possible to fix the problem which involves a set of damaged points.
“A rail replacement bus service will run between Ipswich and Felixstowe throughout the day, calling all stations except Westerfield.
“Customers at Westerfield should use the help phone to arrange alternative road transport.
“We are sorry if your travel plans are affected by this incident.”
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to continue until midnight.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 Photos released in connection with two indecent exposure incidents