Travel update: Commuters face rail delays
AS thousands prepare to return to work and school today after an extended Christmas break, motorists are facing delays on the A12 and A14 this morning.
Suffolk police said there are very few reported accidents on the county’s roads.
There are minor delays on the A12 and A14 this morning near to the Copdock interchange.
A broken down bus in the northbound carriageway at Capel St Mary is causing the tailbacks.
The incident is also affecting traffic on the A14, causing queues for motorists heading in a westbound direction.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile train operator National Express East Anglia is warning of delays of up to 45 minutes on all routes into London Liverpool Street after engineering works over-ran, causing the disruption.
The delays are expected to last until at least 8.30am.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
Today should be a dry but cloudy day with intervals of wintry sunshine.
Forecasters at WeatherQuest in Norwich are predicting temperatures will reach highs of around 4C.
Overnight it will stay mainly dry with patchy cloud but clear spells will bring the risk of frost as the mercury dips to around -1C.
- For more details or a specific forecast speak to a forecaster on 09065 77 76 75 Calls cost �1.50 per minute. We can also provide a regular forecast sent by fax or email for details phone us on 01603 507605.