Travel update: Icy roads and delays on the trains
ICY roads remain the threat for motorists this morning as temperatures plummeted again overnight.
Drivers making their way to work during the rush hour can expect a relatively hassle free journey with no major disruptions on the county’s roads.
An earlier broken down lorry in the westbound carriageway of the A14 between junction 53 at Whitehouse and 52 at Claydon caused minor problems at around 7am.
A Suffolk police spokesman said the lorry was cleared in time for the morning rush.
He said while there are no reported accidents at the moment motorists must take care as patches of ice lurk on country roads and more minor routes.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile on the railways train passengers travelling on the main line to and from London are facing delays of up to 45 minutes after overhead wire problems at London Liverpool Street.
Train operator National Express East Anglia are warning passengers some services may be cancelled and that delays are expected to last until around 9am.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
Weather forecasters at Norwich-based Weather Quest said today would remain cold but dry with bursts of sunshine throughout the day.
Temperatures will creep up above freezing in parts, reaching highs of 3C, with lows of -1C in places.
Overnight the mercury will fall to around -3C with patchy cloud and a frost causing icy patches on the roads.
- For more details or a specific forecast speak to a forecaster on 09065 77 76 75 Calls cost �1.50 per minute. We can also provide a regular forecast sent by fax or e-mail for details phone us on 01603 507605.