Travel Update: Rail and roads clear despite frost
SUFFOLK: All major rail and road routes in the county were said to be clear early today as commuters woke up to a second day of frost.
Although the freezing overnight temperatures made conditions potentially hazardous, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said there had been no serious incidents on the roads by the start of the morning rush hour.
Forecasters predict the day will warm up a little as the morning goes on.
A spokesman for WeatherQuest said: “A mainly dry day is expected with a few sunny intervals at first, clouding over later.
“Today’s maximum temperature will be 8� Celsius (46F). A moderate wind from the
You may also want to watch:
south-east easing to light before evening.
“Cloud will thicken overnight to bring the risk of some light rain, clearing later. Tonight’s
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
minimum temperature will be 4� Celsius (39 F)”