Travel update: Road blocked after accident
A ROAD has been partially blocked to traffic following a collision between a car and a train on a level crossing.
The black BMW X5 was struck on the Lime Kiln crossing on Deben Road, Woodbridge, at about 2.25pm today.
As a result of the incident the B1438 Quay Side at Woodbridge has been partially blocked both ways at Deben Road because of accident investigation work.
The incident is also affecting a number of rail services at present.
Buses are replacing trains between Ipswich and Lowestoft. Passengers are warned that journey times may be extended by up to 45 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
This is expected to continue until further notice.
Tonight’s weather forecast is for cloudy conditions with minimum temperatures of one degree Celsius.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week