Travel update: Three cars skid off icy road into ditch
FOG and icy roads are causing dangerous conditions on the roads this morning.
Three cars skidded off the Pond Hall Road in Hadleigh into a ditch, police have said.
The accident was reported by a member of the public at around 7.05am.
When officers arrived they discovered the road was icy and one of the cars was being recovered from the ditch.
Meanwhile at around 8am in Ipswich two cars collided at the junction of Norwich Road and Dales Road.
You may also want to watch:
A woman has suffered whiplash as a result of the accident and paramedics are currently at the scene.
A spokesman for the force today urged drivers to take care as the first wintry weather hits the county today.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
He said there are areas of dense fog along some of the major routes, including the A14 this morning.
And he warned motorists to make sure they clear their windows and windscreen properly before setting off.
“There is some fog about and it is icy in parts as well,” he added. “I would like to remind drivers to clear their windows and make sure they drive with their lights on.”
There are reports if particularly icy roads on the Suffolk/ Essex border at Dedham. Drivers are being urged to approach the area with care.
Rail passengers are facing delays of up to half-an-hour this morning after engineering works at Ipswich over ran.
The delays are currently affecting services between Colchester and Norwich and between Ipswich and Cambridge.
A spokesman for train operating company National Express East Anglia said the delays are expected to last until around 8.30pm.
Meanwhile a weather forecaster at WeatherQuest said the early mist and fog would clear today leaving a fine, dry and cold day with spells of sunshine.
Temperatures will reach highs of around 6C.
- For more details or a specific forecast speak to a forecaster on 09065 77 76 75 Calls cost �1.50 per minute. We can also provide a regular forecast sent by fax or email for details phone us on 01603 507605.