Travel/weather: Soaring temperatures set to delay rail passengers
SUFFOLK and Essex are set to bask in another day of glorious sunshine - but the soaring heat is likely to spell delays for rail commuters.
Greater Anglia has announced speed restrictions on the line to and from London, between Chelmsford and Stratford.
It will mean a revised timetable is in operation between noon and 7pm.
A number of evening rush hour trains have already been cancelled, to free up space on the line.
These include: 16:17 London Liverpool Street to Witham; 16:47 London Liverpool Street to Witham; 17:12 London Liverpool Street to Witham; 18:16 Witham to London Liverpool Street; 18:20 London Liverpool Street to Harwich International; 18:38 London Liverpool Street to Ipswich.
The region is forecast to enjoy dawn-till-dusk sunshine today, with temperatures set to peak at around 26c.
For more weather details, or a specific forecast, speak to a Weatherquest forecaster on 09065 777675. Calls cost �1.50 per minute.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 7 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 10 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
For more details on today’s revised train timetable follow the link in right sidebar.