Travellers pitch up in car park near Felixstowe beauty spot
- Credit: Archant
Travellers have pitched up in a car park near a beauty spot in Felixstowe.
Suffolk police said they are aware of a traveller presence at the Grove Road car park close to the Grove woodland area in the north of the town.
The travellers have moved onto the site despite measures enforced by East Suffolk Council being implemented to prevent large vehicles entering, such as height barriers following a string of similar incidents over the years.
A police spokesman said: “Police are aware of an unauthorised encampment of travellers at the Grove Road car park in Felixstowe.
“Officers are regularly attending and have been positively engaging with the group.
You may also want to watch:
“The local authority are also aware and will be visiting the site later today.”
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'