Travellers move off playing fields after police intervention
- Credit: Archant
Travellers encamped on playing fields in Newmarket have moved on, police have said.
The unauthorised campsite was set up on the George Lambton playing fields last week.
Police confirmed on Thursday, May 7 that they had visited the site and provided code of conduct advice to those there.
Mildenhall police said on Twitter that officers were “in communication with our partners to plan for the coming days.”
And now, officers have posted on Twitter: “I can confirm the encampment has now moved on following the intervention of police and partners.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the community for their patience and understanding.”
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143