Travellers pitch up at The Columbine Centre in Walton-on-the-Naze
- Credit: Archant
A group of travellers have pitched up at Walton’s Columbine Centre.
Around eight caravans and campervans are currently on site, with more expected to join the travellers.
However, according to a spokesman for Tendring District Council (TDC), the group has indicated they do not intend to stay on the site beyond Saturday.
The Essex Countywide Traveller Unit (ECTU) has visited the site, owned by TDC, yesterday to assess the situation.
Representatives from the Council and police officers have visited the encampment but no issues have been reported at present.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Honeywood, TDC’s Cabinet Member for Housing, said the usual procedures were being followed.
“Our standard procedures have kicked in with a visit from ECTU to assess the encampment.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Crash between two motorbikes
- 8 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
“It is anticipated that a Direction to Leave notice will be served tomorrow giving the group 24 hours to leave the site.”