Huge tree blocks busy road leading into Ipswich
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A tree has fallen down and blocked a major road leading into Ipswich.
Suffolk police are at the A1214 Main Road in Kesgrave, near the Bell Inn and the junction for the Tesco supermarket.
The tree is covering half of the road, but cars are still able to pass through.
Witnesses reported seeing police cutting the tree with chainsaws to remove it from the road.
Strong winds from Storm Ciara have been battering Suffolk throughout Sunday morning, with speeds of up to 70mph expected in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Another tree fell down on the A143 near Bury St Edmunds earlier on Sunday.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence