Huge tree blocks busy road leading into Ipswich
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A tree has fallen down and blocked a major road leading into Ipswich.
Suffolk police are at the A1214 Main Road in Kesgrave, near the Bell Inn and the junction for the Tesco supermarket.
The tree is covering half of the road, but cars are still able to pass through.
Witnesses reported seeing police cutting the tree with chainsaws to remove it from the road.
Strong winds from Storm Ciara have been battering Suffolk throughout Sunday morning, with speeds of up to 70mph expected in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Another tree fell down on the A143 near Bury St Edmunds earlier on Sunday.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk