Trial date set for Ipswich pair charged with drugs offences
- Credit: ARCHANT
The trial of a man and a teenage boy accused of drug offences following a raid on a property in Ipswich is expected to take place in November.
Officers carried out a drugs warrant on the home in Nansen Road, on the Nacton housing estate, on Friday morning, where they made two arrests.
A 25-year-old man and 17-year-old boy were both arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Abbas Uddin, 25, of Nansen Road, Ipswich was charged with conspiracy to supply class A drugs between September 15 last year and June 29, 2018.
The 17-year-old from Ipswich was also charged with conspiracy to supply class A drugs between 15 September 2017 and June 29, 2018.
You may also want to watch:
They both appeared before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Saturday morning where they were remanded for a further hearing at Ipswich Crown Court today.
Judge Martyn Levett further remanded both defendants in custody and adjourned the case for a plea and trial preparation hearing on August 20.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
Their five day trial is expected to get underway on November 6.