Trial set for Bury St Edmunds shooting accused
- Credit: PA NEWS
Five men charged in connection with a shooting in Bury St Edmunds this summer are to stand trial at Ipswich Crown Court next year.
Police were called at 6.45pm on Tuesday, August 4, to reports that a man had been shot in the stomach at an address in Forum Court. The victim, in his 30s, was successfully treated in hospital for his injuries.
The men, who have all been charged with conspiracy to murder, are Simon Webber, 31, of Sydenham Close, Bridgwater, Somerset; Frank Warren, 51, of Victoria Road, Dorchester; Andrew Seaton, 40, of Frome View, Maiden Newton, Dorchester; Paul Baker, 35, of Neils View, Maiden Newton, Dorchester, and 59-year-old Colin Deferia, of Battisford Road, Barking, Suffolk.
They appeared before Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on Friday, November 6, where they all submitted not guilty pleas. They will stay in custody pending a trial listed to begin on Monday, April 11.
Two women from the Needham Market area who were also arrested in connection with this incident have been re-bailed by detectives.
You may also want to watch:
The women, aged 59 and 29, were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on Wednesday, August 5, and released on bail after being questioned. They have now been re-bailed until Thursday, December 10.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 10 Inside Suffolk's own Repair Shop