Ipswich music group battle through heatwave in preparation for big Snape Maltings performance
- Credit: Archant
Musicians from an Ipswich Music Group have been practicing through the scorching heat ready for a major performance at Snape Maltings.
The Trianon Music Group rehearsed for their big gig throughout the World Cup, with many watching England’s semi-final on tablets and phones during a rehearsal, and continued as the temperatures soared.
Professor Chris Green, artistic director and conductor at the upcoming concert, praised his musicians for their dedication.
He said: “Open doors, windows and fans were in plentiful supply as were liquid refreshments and so we managed each evening even if it meant most of us leaving rehearsals sweat-covered and pretty tired”.
The group’s big performance at Snape Maltings is set for September 15.
Tickets for the concert are on sale from Aldeburgh Productions on 01728 687110.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 6 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 9 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo