Trianon Music Group prepares for first community concert of the year
- Credit: Archant
The Trianon Music Group is performing the first of its 2018 community concerts in Essex this weekend.
The orchestra and choir, which is based in Ipswich, will visit St Andrews’s Church in Arlesford, near Colchester, on Saturday, February 24.
The concert, which begins at 7.30pm is described as ‘a programme of light classics from Trianon Music Group singers and string’.
The performance will have special significance for conductor Professor Chris Green.
His son Jonathan Green, an architect, designed the new extension to the church.
You may also want to watch:
The Trianon Music Group was formed as an orchestra 1959, becoming a music group in 1963 with the addition of its choir.
All proceeds from Saturday’s concert are set to go to the St Andrew’s Youth and Schools Worker Fund.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
Tickets, which include refreshments are £7, £5 for students, and are available on 01206 823210 or 01206 823397.