Tribute paid to Clacton murder victim Kathleen Griffin
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of Clacton woman Kathleen Griffin, 57.
Scott Hilling, 25, was charged yesterday with her murder, with the alleged offence taking place between Thursday and Friday last week (December 17-18).
Hilling, of no fixed address, appeared before Colchester magistrates this morning for a preliminary hearing.
He was arrested by police late on Friday evening after Kathy’s body was discovered at an address in Old Road, Clacton, earlier that day.
A forensic post-mortem examination has given the preliminary cause of the woman’s death as multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Hilling was not asked to enter a plea during today’s short hearing.
Magistrates remanded him in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court for a preliminary hearing tomorrow.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
Today Kathy’s son Dale McMullan has paid tribute to his mother.
He said: “Kathy will be dearly missed by all that knew and loved her.
“We have lost a loving mother, sister and grandma.
“There is now a space in our family that can never be filled.
“We, the family, would respectfully ask for time for us to grieve.”