Tribute paid to Clacton murder victim Kathleen Griffin
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of Clacton woman Kathleen Griffin, 57.
Scott Hilling, 25, was charged yesterday with her murder, with the alleged offence taking place between Thursday and Friday last week (December 17-18).
Hilling, of no fixed address, appeared before Colchester magistrates this morning for a preliminary hearing.
He was arrested by police late on Friday evening after Kathy’s body was discovered at an address in Old Road, Clacton, earlier that day.
A forensic post-mortem examination has given the preliminary cause of the woman’s death as multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Hilling was not asked to enter a plea during today’s short hearing.
Magistrates remanded him in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court for a preliminary hearing tomorrow.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
Today Kathy’s son Dale McMullan has paid tribute to his mother.
He said: “Kathy will be dearly missed by all that knew and loved her.
“We have lost a loving mother, sister and grandma.
“There is now a space in our family that can never be filled.
“We, the family, would respectfully ask for time for us to grieve.”