Tributes paid to ‘much loved’ grandfather Ron who died after road accident
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to a 72-year-old man who died 10 days after a collision between his bike and a car in Holland-on-Sea.
Robert Elliott, known to his family and friends as Ron, was taken to hospital after the collision with a silver Ford Focus Ghia in Kings Avenue at the junction with Salisbury Road on Wednesday, May 13.
His family have expressed their sorrow following the accident and in a statement said: “The family and friends of Ron are devastated by his sudden loss.
“He was a much loved husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, uncle, brother and friend.
“Words will never be able to express how deeply he will be missed.”
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police are investigating the circumstances of the collision and the driver of the Ford Focus, a 21-year-old man from Frinton, has continued to assist them with inquiries.
Anyone with information about this incident, or who has relevant dash cam or CCTV footage, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit here or 01245 240 590 quoting incident number 641 of May 13.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 6 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago