Tributes pour in for Jodie Jose, from Colchester, after she is found dead in her car
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have flooded in for 22-year-old Jodie Jose who was found dead in her car at Great Bentley rail station.
Essex Police officers issued an appeal for Jodie, from Colchester, shortly after 1am on Saturday after she was reported missing on Friday night.
A police spokesman said she had not turned up for work on Friday, and had not been seen by her family since Friday morning.
Her disappearance was described as “out of character” according to police.
Officers were called to Great Bentley railway station in the early hours of Saturday morning after she was discovered in her car – a white Ford Fiesta.
You may also want to watch:
Attempts were made to revive her before paramedics took her to Colchester General Hospital, but she was declared dead shortly after she arrived.
A police spokesman said her death was not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
Scores of tributes from her friends around the world have already posted online today, as people struggled to come to terms with the news.
One read: “You were my best friend at school and I will always love you and remember you! Love to your family and friends, you will always be remembered.”
Another friend said: “Life is far too short. My heart goes out to your family and friends. May you Rest in Peace Jodie Josè so much love xxx (from Sydney, Australia)”
One of her friends added: “So this morning I wake up to the terribly sad news. It makes you realise that you should hold the people you love very closely and make the most of the time you have with them. My heart goes out to Jodie Josè family and friend and loved ones a sad for the world to lose such a beautiful smile but a happy one for heaven RIP X”
Another tribute read: “You were one of my childhood best friends. It’s broken my heart to find you’re no longer with us and that heaven has gained an angel, at least we know you’re finally at peace. Thoughts are with your family and friends. Jodie Josè you were such a wonderful, happy girl”
Another friend said: “Absolutely devastated, I really can’t believe this has happened. I’m going to miss you, you beautiful girl! Love you so much Jodie Josè!! Rest in piece gorgeous.”
If you would like to pay tribute, please comment below or email email@example.com.