Tributes to death crash cyclist
A MAN last nightpaid tribute to his dead brother who died after a road crash.Peter Nice, 46, died in Colchester General Hospital earlier this week from injuries he suffered after he was involved in a collision between his bicycle and a BMW at Elmstead Market.
A MAN last nightpaid tribute to his dead brother who died after a road crash.
Peter Nice, 46, died in Colchester General Hospital earlier this week from injuries he suffered after he was involved in a collision between his bicycle and a BMW at Elmstead Market.
Mr Nice, who lived in Fiddler's Folly, Fordham, had cycled to Walton-on-the-Naze to go for a walk and was on his way back home when he was involved in the crash last Sunday.
His brother, Paul, said Peter was well known throughout the Colchester area for walking.
He said he would cycle all over the county to go for a walk somewhere and then cycle back home.
Peter worked as a care assistant at the now-closed Turner Village hospital, in Colchester, for about ten years.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 6 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 7 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 10 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
He then went through a troubled period of illness in his mid-life, which he came through, said his brother.
“Despite the troubled times of his earlier life, in his later years he found peace in his daily rambles which took him throughout the lanes and paths of north Essex and south Suffolk, giving him a knowledge of the local countryside which was unsurpassed.”
Mr Nice was born and raised in Colchester, although he spent some time at school in Yorkshire. His nickname was “Noddy”.
His brother said Peter would be remembered for his “gentleness, astute mind and love of nature”.
He leaves his father, Frederick, and brothers Paul and Timothy.
Anyone with information about the crash, which happened on the A133 at about 10.20am on Sunday, March28 should contact Stanway road policing unit on 01206 762512.