Tributes to teenager killed in crash
FLORAL tributes have been placed at the scene of an horrific crash which claimed the life of a north Suffolk teenager.Police were expected to release the name of the 18-year-old killed in the tragedy at Reydon, near Southwold, later today .
By David Lennard
FLORAL tributes have been placed at the scene of an horrific crash which claimed the life of a north Suffolk teenager.
Police were expected to release the name of the 18-year-old killed in the tragedy at Reydon, near Southwold, later today .
Officers are investigating the cause of the accident, in which his car left the A1095 road, close to Lime Kiln Farm, and hit a tree.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were called to the scene and cut the roof off the car so paramedics could help the driver, but their efforts were in vain as he was already dead.
The accident happened at 10.20pm on Monday and involved a blue Peugeot 205. Police yesterday urged any witnesses to contact them.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
Poignant messages were left beside the scene yesterday paying tribute to the teenager, along with flowers.
One message said: "Keep smiling Joe. We're all going to miss you," while another read: "Joe, I'll miss you for ever. You're a star."
It is believed the driver of the car lives in the north Suffolk area and was travelling from Southwold towards Halesworth when the accident happened. It is not thought that any other vehicle was involved.
Police officers investigating the accident appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
"If anyone saw the accident or the blue Peugeot 205 being driven earlier we would like to hear from them," said a police spokesman.
Anyone who can help is asked to contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
The Lowestoft Coroner has been informed of the death and an inquest will be held at a later date. The accident brings the death toll on Suffolk's roads this year to 11.