Trimley: Cycle challenge set to help war heroes
- Credit: Archant
Cyclists are being given a choice of two routes on a ride to raise cash to help soldiers injured in conflicts abroad.
The Heroes Ride is the third event organised by Felixstowe woman Karen Stratford, and the event is open to all cycling clubs and groups as well as families and individuals, from beginners to experienced riders.
The event, in aid of Help for Heroes, will be taking place on Sunday, September 29, setting off at 9am from the Hand in Hand pub at Trimley St Martin.
Miss Stratford said: “This time I’ve decided to mix it up a bit and will be offering two routes, a 35-mile route and a 65-mile for those who want a bigger challenge.
“I’m keen to get as many people involved as possible.
“It’s a great day to get out, get some fresh air and join a great group of cyclists to raise funds for an excellent charity.
“The last event for the 50 miles saw nearly 50 people taking part, so I’m hoping to beat that number for this event.”
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 3 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 4 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 5 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 6 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 7 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 Investigation launched after two bodies found
- 10 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
People wanting to join the ride should contact Karen Stratford on 07931 585099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is £10, and riders can do it as a sponsored event to help raise more funds for the charity.