Trimley: Cycle challenge set to help war heroes
- Credit: Archant
Cyclists are being given a choice of two routes on a ride to raise cash to help soldiers injured in conflicts abroad.
The Heroes Ride is the third event organised by Felixstowe woman Karen Stratford, and the event is open to all cycling clubs and groups as well as families and individuals, from beginners to experienced riders.
The event, in aid of Help for Heroes, will be taking place on Sunday, September 29, setting off at 9am from the Hand in Hand pub at Trimley St Martin.
Miss Stratford said: “This time I’ve decided to mix it up a bit and will be offering two routes, a 35-mile route and a 65-mile for those who want a bigger challenge.
“I’m keen to get as many people involved as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great day to get out, get some fresh air and join a great group of cyclists to raise funds for an excellent charity.
“The last event for the 50 miles saw nearly 50 people taking part, so I’m hoping to beat that number for this event.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
People wanting to join the ride should contact Karen Stratford on 07931 585099 or email email@example.com
Registration is £10, and riders can do it as a sponsored event to help raise more funds for the charity.