Trimley: Gun raiders at village shop may have been teenagers
TWO armed robbers escaped with the day’s takings from a village last night after terrorising staff.
ARMED raiders who threatened staff at a village shop with a gun and forced them to hand over takings may have been teenagers, police revealed today.
Detectives are appealing for information following the robbery at Greening’s newsagents in Faulkeners Way, Trimley St Mary, just before 5pm yesterday.
Two men wearing woollen face masks entered the newsagents shouting, swearing and threatening to shoot two women staff members inside, while one pointed an object concealed in a plastic bag – which he claimed was a gun – and the other brandished a piece of wood.
They escaped with a small amount of cash.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Stuart Sowerby, who is overseeing the investigation into the robbery, said officers needed to speak to anyone who was in the area around this time.
“We would ask anyone who was in Faulkeners Way around 5pm to come forward if they think they may have seen anything that may help our enquiries into the incident,” he said.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
“This could have been spotting someone waiting near or watching the premises, two men wearing similar clothing entering or fleeing the shop or anyone who may have any information about where they can from or headed to.
“We would also like to hear from you if you have any information about who the two involved are.”
The robbers have been described as possibly under 20 years old, with one around 5ft 10ins tall, of thin-ish build, wearing a peaked hat under a hooded top, dark coloured jogging bottoms and a black-bomber-style coat, and the other slightly shorter, around 5ft 6ins tall, of slight build, wearing dark coloured clothing including a hooded top with the hood up.
Anyone who can help is asked to call DC Michael Chantry on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- See tomorrow’s paper for the latest on this story.