Trimley: Meeting to look at redundant church’s future
- Credit: Archant
OPTIONS for the future use of a church that has not been used for two years will be considered at a meeting on Tuesday.
The Roman Catholic church of St Cecilia in High Road, Trimley St Mary, was closed to comply with the Diocesan Pastoral Plan.
The Charity Commission says if there is no longer any genuine church use for the property it must be assessed for sale or let on the open market.
A meeting will be held at 7.30pm on Tuesday, April 9 at St Felix Hall, Gainsborough Road, to consider the options.
Maureen Butler, chairman of the Parish Advisory Council, said the outcome may be that some ideas deserve further consideration.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “If this is the case and there are volunteers prepared to develop the business and financial aspects into suitable proposals then a further meeting will be arranged allowing for a suitable period for the volunteers to develop the proposals.”
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons