Trimley: Music and charity day at Three Mariners goes on despite fire
- Credit: Archant
Landlords of a busy village pub have decided that despite a fire which destroyed outbuildings, the show must go on.
The Three Mariners in Trimley St Mary is today holding its biggest event of the year, a charity day raising cash for the Autism Trust and the Woolverstone Wish appeal.
Debbie and Dave Atkinson said that despite an arson attack which destroyed an historic barn at their pub in High Road last week they were determined to carry on.
Seven local bands will be providing a variety of music throughout the event.
It will be the fifth time the couple have held the day, which has raised thousands of pounds over the years.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Atkinson said: “Last year was the first time we didn’t hold it, and people in the village said they really missed it, so we thought we would bring it back.”
It takes place from 2pm to 10pm with entertainment also including a majorettes display and a saxophonist, plus a barbecue and a raffle. Admission £1.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash