Trio set to face trial in July over alleged robbery of pensioner
- Credit: Archant
The trial of two brothers and a woman accused of conspiring to rob a 69-year-old woman of her handbag in Felixstowe town centre will take place in July.
Before Ipswich Crown Court today for a plea and trial preparation hearing were Nicholas Faux, 33, of Highfield Road, Felixstowe, and Kiel Faux, 29, and Rachelle Vincent, 32, both of Elmctoft Road, Ipswich.
All three have denied conspiring to rob a woman of her handbag and contents in February this year.
The case was adjourned for a trial which is expected to get underway on Monday, July 30.
The defendants were arrested after police received a report that a man had approached an elderly woman from behind in Orwell Road, at the junction with Highfield Road, Felixstowe, and snatched her handbag before being driven away with others in a vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The alleged incident took place at around 2.30pm on Saturday, February 24.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 6 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef
- 9 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm