Trisha treats chemo like gym session
Television personality Trisha Goddard has told how she is treating her course of chemotherapy like a gruelling session at the gym.The Channel Five presenter, who lives in Norwich, announced in April that she had breast cancer.
Television personality Trisha Goddard has told how she is treating her course of chemotherapy like a gruelling session at the gym.
The Channel Five presenter, who lives in Norwich, announced in April that she had breast cancer.
Now half-way through her chemotherapy treatment, Ms Goddard, 50, has revealed she is approaching it in the same way she would a session at the gym with her personal trainer.
She wrote in a column: “My mindset is the same as when I'm in the gym and Jason the personal trainer tells me to do 20 repetitions of some particularly challenging exercise involving heavy weights. 'Righto!' I think. Then half way through my mind starts with the 'I can't! I can't!' stuff. That's when I get cross with myself and say, 'shut up! stop whinging and just do another few!'.”
You may also want to watch:
The mother of two added: “As my illness has taught me well, one of the most useful things we can teach ourselves and our children is that (to quote my late mother) there's no such word as 'can't' because dogged, planned determination will always surprise you by showing you how much you can.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson