TUI passengers flying from Greece to Stansted test positive for Coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
It has been confirmed that a ‘small number’ of people on a flight from Crete to Stansted have tested positive for Covid-19.
The travellers landed at the airport on Thursday, August 27, on a Tui flight from Keraklion in Crete.
A spokesman for the airline said: “We’re aware of a small number of Covid-19 positive test results following flight TOM5449 returning from Heraklion to Stansted on 27 August.
“We can confirm that no guests tested positive for Covid-19 in our hotels and no symptoms were displayed before or during the flight home by any of the customers.
“The health and safety of our customers and crew is our absolute highest priority and we will continue to work closely with Public Health authorities so we can continue to offer safe and enjoyable holidays.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe that with good track and trace processes, testing at airports and a nuanced approach to travel corridors, customers can continue to travel safely.”
In Cardiff, seven people tested positive for Covid after boarding a Tui flight from Zante to Wales on Tuesday, August 25.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
The cases were identified from three different parties on board and all 193 passengers and crew were contacted by Public Health Wales.