Tumble dryer blaze sparks fire alert

MORE than a dozen firefighters were sent to the Black Tiles public house in Black Tiles Lane, Martlesham, today after a fire broke out in a tumble dryer.

Crews from Woodbridge, Colchester Road, Ipswich, and Princes Street, Ipswich, helped put out the blaze, which occurred just before 4.20pm in the laundry area.

Although the building, where the tumble dryer was located, was said to have been heavily smoke logged a spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire Service added she did not believe the pub had been evacuated.

Firefighters called in the incident stop message at 5.05pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus