Tumble dryer catches fire in Brightlingsea home

Kitchen fire is extinguished in Lowestoft.

Kitchen fire is extinguished in Lowestoft. - Credit: Archant

A tumble dryer in an Essex home caught fire this morning.

Essex County Fire and Rescue Service was called to the fire, in a property in Stanley Avenue in Brightlingsea, at 9.20am.

Crews from Brightlingsea, Clacton and Wivenhoe attended the fire.

Upon attendance firefighters reported the property was 100% smoke logged and the fire was on the ground floor in a utility room where a tumble dryer had caught fire.

Crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire by 9.59am.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter