Tumble dryer safety advice given by firefighters after Stanway blaze
- Credit: Archant
Tumble dryer safety advice has been issued to Essex residents after firefighters tackled a blaze.
An electrical fault in a tumble dryer caused a fire at a property in Cornflower Close, Stanway at around 6.20pm on Monday.
Two fire engines attended and crews used a hose reel jet to put out the fire within 10 minutes. There were no reported injuries.
After the blaze, a spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service issued the following advice:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions;
You may also want to watch:
- Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended;
- Clean the filters regularly to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff;
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling;
- Don’t overload plug sockets. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.
The fire brigade spokesman added: “Additionally, you can also register your domestic appliances for free.
“If you did not register your appliances during Register My Appliance Day on Thursday, January 21, take just a few minutes to visit www.registermyappliance.org.uk.
“A specialist will contact you in case of any safety repairs or product recalls on your appliances.”