Two arrested after car crash leaves child with life-threatening injuries
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A child is fighting for her life after a serious collision on a residential street in Essex this evening.
Police were called at around 6pm today with reports that a car had struck a child in King Street, Maldon.
The girl was treated by paramedics at the scene and flown to hospital in London with life-threatening injuries.
Police were told that prior to the car striking the girl, a blue BMW had been seen driving erratically along the street and collided with a number of vehicles.
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and driving while unfit through drink or drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have closed the road and are urging people to avoid the area of King Street and Cross Road. The road will be closed for a number of hours.
Police thanked members of the public who assisted at the scene by immediately detaining who is believed to be one of the occupants of the blue BMW.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
The two people arrested are in the custody of officers.
Essex Police are appealing for anyone with information about the incident, including those with dash cam footage, to contact officers on 101 as soon as possible.