Two arrested after theft from Bury St Edmunds shop and shop worker punched
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Two men have been arrested in connection with a theft from a shop in Bury St Edmunds.
The incident took place at around 4.40pm at JD Sports in Auction Street on August 4 when three men entered the shop and stole a number of items before heading off towards the Buttermarket car park.
Two members of staff chased and confronted the men and one of the staff members, a 20-year-old man got punched in the face.
A spokesman for Suffolk police, said: "The men got into a vehicle, which contained another man.
"The vehicle, parked near the ticket machine in the car park, then drove off, heading down Cullum Road.
You may also want to watch:
"Shortly after a vehicle matching the description was involved in a single-vehicle RTC along Hardwick Lane on the junction with Barons Road.
"Police located a damaged red Vauxhall Signum within Hardwick Heath car park.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
"During an area search two suspects were located and arrested."
A 24-year-old man from Liverpool and a 23-year-old man from Royston, Hertfordshire were arrested on suspicion of theft from a shop and on suspicion of assault and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
The 24-year-old man was further arrested for failing to stop when driving.
Both were released under investigation to return to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre on October 10.
Police are appealing for anyone who knows the men involved, who witnessed the incident or anyone with any information to contact Suffolk Police quoting reference 37/42656/21.