Two arrested for drugs offences after home broken into and man injured in Haverhill
Two men have been arrested after a quantity of class A drugs were found in a property in Haverhill yesterday.
Officers were contacted just before 2.25pm to reports that four or five males had broken into a home in Connault Road, come out again and run off. The caller told police that at least one of the men appeared to have a weapon.
A few moments later officers took a calls that a man was in the Camps Road/ Burton End area of Haverhill, with a cut to his head. He was spoken to by officers and had a small injury to his face.
Police also went to the property in Connaught Road and found a quantity of class A drugs.
A short time later a 34-year-old man from Haverhill was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in supplying a controlled drug. He was taken into custody at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre and interviewed before being bailed to return to officers on March 18.
You may also want to watch:
A second man – a 21-year-old from London – was also arrested a short time later on suspicion of obstructing police and supplying a controlled drug. He remains in custody at Bury St Edmunds.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the circumstances around what happened and are asking anyone who may have been in the area around this time who may have seen anything that may help enquiries, or anyone with information, to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD number 194 of February 10.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 6 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
- 7 Matchday Recap: All-square as Dobra impresses at Shrewsbury
- 8 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 9 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 10 Suffolk hotel named as one of 'best places to eat by the sea'