Suffolk police are appealing for witnesses after a burglarly and an attempted burglarly at two businesses in Southwold
- Credit: Archant
The incidents took place last weekend on High Street in the town
The first incident took place at Mark’s Fish and Chip shop sometime between 3pm on January 12 and 9.45am on January 15.
Suspects forced entry to the side of the building through a side door and a safe was stolen.
The second incident took place at the Serin Hairdressing Salon between 5pm on January 12 and 8.30am on January 15.
Nothing was reported as being stolen.
You may also want to watch:
These incidents are the latest in a recent spate of burglaries at businesses in the town.
A police spokesperson said that officers are exploring the possibility that the latest burglaries are linked to the previous cases.
During the previous weekend four other businesses on the high street were targeted in most cases very little was taken.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
Police believe those four incidents are linked.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anybody who saw anything suspicious at the relevant times to call Police on 101 quoting reference 2752/18 (Mark’s Fish and Chips Shop) or 2809/18 (Serin Hairdressing Salon) Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.