Two burglaries in Hadleigh prompt police reminder to residents about keeping homes secure
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
People in Hadleigh are being reminded to keep their properties locked after two burglaries in the town.
One happened at around 4.50pm yesterday. A homeowner disturbed an offender who had entered their property and stolen items.
The offender had forced entry through the side door of the house in High Street and stole an amount of cash.
The burglar is described as a white man, around 5ft 8in tall, of slim build and wearing a flat cap.
Some time between 11.30am on December 21 and 5.30pm the following day an unknown suspect attempted to gain entry to a property in Meadows Place. Entry was not gained but damaged was caused to the door.
You may also want to watch:
Police are linking the above two incidents and are asking anyone who has any information to call them on 101.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons