Man in 20s airlifted to hospital following border crash involving two cars
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s was airlifted to hospital following a serious crash involving two cars on the Norfolk and Suffolk border.
Emergency services were called to the incident on Yaxley Road, near Eye, shortly after 1.15pm on Saturday afternoon (June 8).
Two air ambulances attended as part of the emergency response, which saw a man in his 20s treated by critical care specialists from the East Anglian Air Ambulance service.
Fire crews from Diss, Stowmarket and Elmswell also attended the scene, along with police and the ambulance service.
The man was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
South Norfolk police tweeted: "Assisted @SuffolkPolice with serious x2 vehicle RTC on B1117 near Eye."
Norfolk police has been contacted for more information.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm