Two charged with burglary after substation electrocution
TWO men been charged following an alleged burglary in which a man died at an Ipswich electricity substation.
Johnathan Ehlert, of Fletcher Road, Ipswich, was electrocuted during the break-in at Ransomes Way, April 14.
The men who have been charged are accused of two burglaries on the same day.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said Frank Day, 27, of Hawke Road, Ipswich, has been charged with burglary with intent to steal at Crane factory in Nacton Road and the substation.
Adam Head, 30, of Fletcher Road, Ipswich, faces the same charges.
You may also want to watch:
They have both been released on bail to appear at the South East Suffolk Magistrates Court at 10am Wednesday.
A 24-year-old Ipswich male who was due to answer bail yesterday was unable to attend. Arrangements will be made to see him as soon as possible, police said.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager