Two Chihuahuas killed in suspected anti-freeze poisoning in Essex

Police are looking for a man who exposed himself to a girl in Essex

Police are looking for a man who exposed himself to a girl in Essex - Credit: Archant

Two dogs have died as the result of suspected poisoning is Essex.

The two Chihuahuas fell ill on February 12 after being outside in a woman’s garden in Southways, Brightlingsea around midday.

One of the dogs died at home while the other died later at the vets. A Shih Tzu was also taken unwell but is recovering.

It is believed they were poisoned with a mercury-based product, possibly anti-freeze, and police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them.

The officer investigating is Pc Thomas Raes at Clacton police station on 101.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus