Two dead in night of tragedy on roads
TWO people were killed last night in an evening of tragedy on Suffolk's roads. A man was pronounced dead at the scene of a crash on the A1088 at Tostock, near Elmswell, just after 11.30pm.
TWO people were killed last night in an evening of tragedy on Suffolk's roads.
A man was pronounced dead at the scene of a crash on the A1088 at Tostock, near Elmswell, just after 11.30pm. It came just six hours after another man was killed when his car crashed into a ditch in Undley Road, Lakenheath.
In the Elmswell accident, emergency crews were called to help free the casualty from a Fiat Cinquecento near Elmswell Park House, Tostock. No other vehicles were believed to have been involved. However, police confirmed last night the man had died.
Earlier, at around 5.30pm, a Vauxhall Vectra left Undley Road in Lakenheath and ended up in a ditch.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Mildenhall and Brandon were called to help free the male driver, but he also died from his injuries.
No further details were available about either of the accidents last night, although investigators were examining the scenes to establish what caused the tragedies.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found