Two dead in Suffolk crash
TWO people were killed in car crash last nightclose to the banks of the River Orwell.They died when the Peugeot 205 they were travelling in crashed in Freston, near Ipswich.
TWO people were killed in car crash last nightclose to the banks of the River Orwell.
They died when the Peugeot 205 they were travelling in crashed in Freston, near Ipswich.
Police said a man and a woman, both believed to be in their 20s, had been killed in the single-vehicle accident.
It is believed the car left the road near a bend, a few hundred yards from The Boot pub, and crashed into an embankment.
Two others who were in the car were taken to Ipswich Hospital but the extent of their injuries was unknown last night.
They were both believed to be men, also aged in their 20s. One was cut out of the car by firefighters.
- 1 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 5 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 6 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 7 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
Emergency services were called to the scene, at the junction of the B1456 and the B1080, at about 9.45pm tonight.
Insp Jim White, of Suffolk police, said: "Two people have been killed in the accident. There was only one vehicle involved as far as we know.
"We have got crash investigators working at the scene at the moment.
"We don't yet know exactly what caused the accident but I believe it happened close to a bend in the road."
The East Anglian Ambulance Trust said paramedics had taken two people to hospital for treatment.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire Service said firefighters had released one person from the car and were helping police deal with the incident.
The road was completely blocked following the accident and drivers were unable to get in or out of the Shotley peninsula as emergency services dealt with the aftermath.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.Hosp