Two dead in Suffolk crash horror
TWO people were killed after an horrific accident on a Suffolk road on Friday night.
TWO people were killed tonight after an horrific accident on a Suffolk road.
Police and paramedics were called to the crash outside The Nurseries, in Stoke Road, Clare, just before 9.30pm. At this stage, it is thought only one vehicle was involved.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said the car had entered the garden of a property and the homeowner had alerted emergency services.
It later emerged that two people had been pronounced dead at the scene, with one of them believed to be an elderly woman.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire Service said they had been called to the incident at 9.24pm after receiving reports the car had burst into flames after the accident.
However, when crews attended, the vehicle was not alight and the units were stood down.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
At the time of going to press, police refused to give out any information about the crash.
It brings the number of deaths on Suffolk's roads this year to 38, compared to 33 in the whole of last year.