Two dead in Suffolk crash horror
TWO people were killed after an horrific accident on a Suffolk road on Friday night.
TWO people were killed tonight after an horrific accident on a Suffolk road.
Police and paramedics were called to the crash outside The Nurseries, in Stoke Road, Clare, just before 9.30pm. At this stage, it is thought only one vehicle was involved.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said the car had entered the garden of a property and the homeowner had alerted emergency services.
It later emerged that two people had been pronounced dead at the scene, with one of them believed to be an elderly woman.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire Service said they had been called to the incident at 9.24pm after receiving reports the car had burst into flames after the accident.
However, when crews attended, the vehicle was not alight and the units were stood down.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
At the time of going to press, police refused to give out any information about the crash.
It brings the number of deaths on Suffolk's roads this year to 38, compared to 33 in the whole of last year.