Seven more die after testing positive for coronavirus in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Seven more people have died after testing positive for coronavirus in hospitals in Suffolk and north Essex, with another 627 deaths recorded nationwide.
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) confirmed the deaths of three Covid-19 patients - one in their 90s and two in their 80s - had died at Ipswich Hospital.
Meanwhile, Colchester Hospital said one patient in their 90s, one in their 80s, one in their 70s and one in their 40s has passed away after testing positive for the virus.
There were no coronavirus-related deaths reported at West Suffolk Hospital today.
Previous data had suggested there were two deaths reported in the region, though this was later clarified.
The coronavirus death toll in the UK now stands at 32,692 after the deaths of a further 627 patients were confirmed.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten